I can help you with the following professional services around the WordPress CMS platform and its social extensions (BuddyPress and bbPress):
Custom Plugin Development
With more than 20 free popular plugins developed for the WordPress platform over the last few years, I am one of the world’s top-400 WordPress plugin developers. My plugins total up more than 61 000 downloads worldwide and have been translated in 9 languages.
My plugins are developed following up-to-date WordPress development guidelines and respecting standards. All of them use the built-in internationalization (i18n) and localization (l10n) techniques (.po/.mo gettext files).
Most of my recent plugins use a common object-oriented plugin development framework that I maintain and made public. When using multiple plugins that I developed, most of the code is thus shared across features, reducing memory footprint and server load. The use of a common code base also improves reliability: with a wider user base, bugs are found faster, and each plugin benefits from improvements made for another extension.
The WordPress features I have developed for my clients and/or for the general public cover a wide variety of WordPress techniques including, custom widgets, administrative interface option panels, custom CSS styling, additional shortcodes, advanced template functions, images and attachment management, advanced content filters, data import and exports, automated “cronjob type” management tasks, RSS feed management, multi-site networked features, custom fields and options and much more… Pretty much covering the whole spectrum of WordPress development techniques.
A complete list of my publicly available plugins is available here on the WordPress.org plugin site.
Another extensive list of my WordPress plugins (including some older projects or work in progress) is here.
Example of other (non open-source) custom plugins:
- I developed a specific FeedWordPress dictionary filter
- I developed custom version of existing GNU plugins to tailor them to specific needs of professional WordPress users
- I upgraded some existing WP plugins that were “abandoned” by their original authors to make them compatible with a newer version of WordPress
Advanced WordPress Customization
I can help you tailor the WordPress platform to fit your exact professional needs. I have installed, configured and heavily customized WordPress-based professional sites while retaining complete compatibility and maintainability of the platform (The core WordPress files and plugins are not modified and can be upgraded over time without breaking specific site features).
- Nogent Citoyen is the number one hyper-local community web site in the Paris area, it is extended with a network of other sites with distinct domain names, some of them relaying common information. This network of site was built without using WP MU and before WordPress 3.x even became network-enabled. It is optimized SEO-wise, each article being indexed on only one of the web sites of the citoyens.com network.
- The Wellcom communication agency pressroom is based on WP MU and a couple of custom plugins specially developed for this project
- ABC.FR is an automated self-optimizing content aggregator and mash-up site organized around breaking news and events built upon WordPress 3.x.
- Monsieur Chik is a semi-professional blogger that needed a complete renovation of his WordPress blog theme. I adapted the TheStyle theme to his specific requirements and added and customized the plugins needed to complete his stylish site.
- Côte Studio is a professional photography studio in Paris. They needed a web site with reservation features in a very short span. A quickly setup WordPress CMS with a free theme did the job in a couple of days, including a two-hour on-site webmaster training.
- yann.com (this site) is a bilingual professional blog, also used as a user-community management site and as an SEO tool.
- Deep integration of WordPress and bbPress for this site.
- Specific social extensions to BuddyPress for Selliance
- WordPress custom theme for this site.
- WP admin panel access to SEO data webservice for myposeo.
- By direct e-mail: yann [at] abc.fr
- Using the provided contact form.
- Please check-out my background and profile here.
Looking forward to work on your WordPress / BuddyPress / bbPress based advanced project soon!
(page disponible en français ici.)